Why do I need to set a lock screen when installing Netspark Mobile?
As part of the installation process for Netspark Mobile, you are required to set a security PIN code for your device (if one has not already been set by you). You have the option of defining an unlock pattern or a numeric PIN. If you choose an unlock pattern, you may be asked to define a numeric PIN as backup.
Why is this required? In order to be able to store Netspark's security certificate on your device (which is necessary for your filtering protection), lock screen must be set.
If you wish to remove the lock screen after installing Netspark, you can do so you can do so within the Netspark Mobile app:
1. Open Netspark Mobile application on your device.
2. Open the application menu by pressing the NetSpark "Menu" button (on the top right of the screen).
3. When the menu appears, press "Disable KeyGuard".
4. The lock screen has been removed, press "OK" to close the window.
* This option is available only if you have set a PIN code lock screen.
* This option will not be available if the "Advanced Uninstall Protections" are enabled.
* If the "Disable KeyGuard" button does not appear on the app menu, you can remove the lock screen from within your device's lock screen settings.